Monday, April 24, 2017

Post 4: Someone I´d like to meet

Hi (again)! 
Today, I´m going to speak about someone I´d like to meet. This person is very famous and probably many persons know who he is. This person is my favorite writer, the genius: Gabriel García Márquez. 
Unfortunately, meeting this writer is impossible, because Gabo died in 2014 when he was 87 years old. So... I would never meet Gabriel, this is only a dream :(
Gabriel García Márquez or "Gabo" was a writer, scriptwriter, editor and Colombian journalist. He wrote the famous novel "Cien años de soledad" and other works like "El Coronel no tiene quien le escriba" or "Crónica de una muerte anunciada". 
In reality, I will never know how Gabo was, I don´t know his personality, but I can imagine how he was. For example, I suppose that Gabriel was very creative and sensible, because in his books the characters  were interesting persons and they were like real persons with real problems. Also, I suppose that Gabriel was funny and intelligent, because his books narrate crazy and complicated stories. For example, I laughted very much when "Remedios", the beautiful, left flying with the bed sheet. 
What I admire most about Gabriel García Márquez is that he invented the "Realismo Mágico", a new literary movement of Latin American and all world. Personally, I also admire, because he created Macondo, a fictitious small village. I liked Macondo very much and his strange logic, because I remember the children´s stories and I get inspired to create new stories and metaphors. 
In addition, he won the Nobel prize of literature in 1982, in other words, he was a fourth Latinoamerican that won the Nobel prize, an enormous accomplishment. 
 So...It is very sad that I could never get to know Gabito :(



   Resultado de imagen para remedios la bella dibujo 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbiae0lBiZQ


5 comments:

  1. I´ve been wanting to read "Crónica de una muerte anunciada" for months, now I want it more

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a great writer ,I read a lot of him in the school !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be very interesting to know!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great elecction! Is so sad that is impossible :c

    ReplyDelete