Monday, June 12, 2017

Post 9: Changes to my Study Programme

Hi! I think that when I started to study in University of Chile I idealized this faculty and all university. 
I study Psychology in the JGM, University of Chile. I love my career, but I think that the curriculum could get better. For example, I think that the practice in this career had to be the most important. I would like that the students could practice with patients since early years. In this practice, obviously, an expert or teacher had to help
In my opinion, the workload is appropriate, except for the last year, because in this year the students will make the professional practice, the diploma course and the thesis. Almost, any student could finish in these conditions. I think that the faculty direction could plan better these final activities in the career. 
Another neccesary improvement is the reading room, because in Facso there is not sufficient space for all students. Also, in this faculty there are not quiet places. The students talk in all places, even in this library :( So...I would like that the faculty had more quiet areas and more learning resources centers, because in this moment it has many students.
In addition, in this faculty there are not  sufficient prepared places for disabled persons. The elevator is very old and it has many stairs. The floor is not prepared and the bathrooms are very narrow. The faculty has an enormous debt in this topic.
Also, I would like that the curriculum in this career included more subjects about different languages. For example, I don´t speak English very well and I would like to learn more, but it is very hard for me. I think the learning of other languages is very important today.





 

5 comments:

  1. I agree with this, the library of the faculty is too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could make a campaign (or a war), against the people that talk so much in our library :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes!! know other lenguajes is very important!! although here it seems that it was not :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the your ideas, specially with the increasse the time of practice is where we really learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with you too, we need more !

    ReplyDelete